Our client in the education sector felt the force of the pandemic in 2020. So, at the start of 2021, they were highly focused on expanding their customer-base and increasing revenue through accelerated organic visibility and traffic growth.
As a seasonal business, our client also wanted to be highly visible at the right time of year for the right products. Although they have various key months throughout the year, their most notable period is the run-up to Christmas.
To drive organic visibility and organic traffic, we focused on improving both keyword strategy and on-site content. Here’s how we did it:
1. Analysed keyword performance: Firstly, we analysed existing keyword performance and targeting to identify strengths and flag areas for improvement.
2. Expand keyword targeting: Through in-depth keyword research and competitor analysis, we established that the number of keywords being targeted could be increased to expand our client’s organic footprint and reach a wider audience.
3. Keyword mapping: Target keywords were then mapped onto the site structure. This involved creating new pages to accommodate new keyword opportunities.
4. On-site optimisation: Quality page content was developed and optimised in a priority order to improve user experience and keyword targeting. SEO-friendly content was developed in-line with the nature of the SERPs, following best E-E-A-T practices.
5. New content creation: New page copy was developed where necessary, along with new blog content to support the core landing pages and reinforce our client as an expert and authority in their industry. Supporting blog content was grounded in keyword research, focusing on long-tail terms, and structured to capture key SERP features, like featured snippets. Where possible, older blog content was refreshed and republished to retain historical SEO value.
Focusing on Seasonality
Our client’s business is highly-seasonal, and so content was prioritised and worked through strategically. This ensured peak times of year were capitalised on, with organic content and SEO improvements implemented in good stead.