Digital Marketing Specialist
Full Time Position (37.5 Hours)
Based at our offices in central Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Due to some exciting client wins, we’re looking to expand our content team. We’re in search for a trainee digital marketing specialist who shares our passion, energy and enthusiasm for creating the best digital campaigns for our clients.
*Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
Digital Marketing Specialists are primarily responsible for improving the ranking and visibility of a website online. This is a varied and challenging role which combines the analytical, data-driven and technical expertise required of an SEO and Biddable Media Specialist and the creative and strategic mind of a Digital Content Specialist.
This is a hybrid role which includes the creation of digital content, the implementation of technical optimisation as well as management of paid advertising campaigns to deliver and exceed clients’ KPI’s and overall business objectives.
The role will cover a vast range of industries including health and beauty, food and drink, interiors, legal and technical. One thing we can guarantee is that the work will always be varied and challenging!
Working alongside our other specialist team members, you will support the delivery of a cohesive strategy that facilities the growth and development of businesses online.
You will create digital content in a number of different formats including (but not limited to) landing pages, blog posts, in-depth guides, product pages and press releases.
You will dig deeper into the inner workings of websites and analyse how this impacts its visibility whilst also supporting the day-to-day management of any paid advertising campaigns which are used to enhance the organic growth of client campaigns. Digital Marketing Specialists have commercial acumen and confidence with numbers, budgets and large amounts of data.
They are also responsible for analysing campaign performance with the sharpest attention to detail and spotting opportunities for clients as well as being involved in planning and coordinating campaigns.
Compiling reports and presenting data, ideas and insights to clients is also a big part of the role. Digital Marketing Specialists are comfortable communicating strategies both internally and externally, with a professional and authoritative conversation style.
What you will be doing
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic implementation of content campaigns including content creation, on-page optimisation, technical optimisation and link building.
- Strategic implementation of paid advertising campaigns including Google Shopping Campaigns, Search Campaigns, Mobile, Display, Video, Paid Social and Remarketing campaigns.
- Working closely with management as required to devise and manage advanced SEO, biddable media and content strategies for high value clients.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and core objectives of every client.
- Devise, implement and run innovative campaigns to meet client goals and objectives and tailor them to their specific needs.
- Measure and evaluate feedback on all distributed content to continually improve personally and professionally.
- Monitor the algorithms set by the search engines to keep up to date with the latest changes and how this may affect campaign performance.
- Proactively keep ahead of the latest biddable media trends to apply to client campaigns where applicable.
- Interpreting and measuring the success of campaigns using analytics software such as Google Analytics and using this data to optimise and improve campaigns.
- Results reporting and data analysis for clients and internal use to identify opportunities for campaign development.
- Using a variety of software and third party tools to compile and draw insight from both company-specific, sector-specific and generic industry data, in order to better understand user trends and behaviour and add context to the performance of each account.
- Produce monthly reports for clients containing a robust description of monthly activity, suitable advice and recommendations and a clear summary of performance against the key performance indicators and metrics agreed with the client.
- Ensure all reports are of the highest quality written standard and reflect the Zelst brand voice.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure that they are continually updated with progress and results so that all clients receive top quality, professional customer service.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and provide timely and efficient responses to all customer queries.
- Working with the entire team to develop integrated strategies to achieve client objectives and timescales with optimum resource use.
- Working with other members of the content team in the preparation and creation of written content recommendations, ideas and pitches for our clients.
- To regularly attend and actively take part in client meetings when required.
- Creating articles, blog posts and press releases for a diverse range of clients in a number of sectors and industries.
- Creating, modifying and optimising content on websites, blog posts and landing pages.
- Researching, drafting, editing and publishing online content to improve and add value to the target customer experience.
- Perform extensive keyword, competitor and market analyses for clients and prospective clients.
- Perform ongoing keyword research, expansion and optimisation strategies to drive client campaign growth.
- Managing, creating and implementing social media and content marketing campaigns using an editorial calendar.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Identify and define the objectives and KPIs expected from the social media campaigns undertaken for clients and develop, implement and manage the social media strategy to achieve them.
- Redeveloping or creating new website architecture to establish a site hierarchy and provide dedicated landing pages for an agreed list of target search terms.
- Ensuring content consistently adheres to the brand guidelines of every client and that tone-of-voice is accurately reflected in all content created.
- Undertaking on-page optimisation to help clients be visible in the most relevant search results and offer a positive user experience, growing site traffic and brand awareness.
- Technical SEO optimisation including; Meta Data optimisation, implementation of redirects, identifying and fixing broken links and improving internal linking structure between pages.
- Implementing link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO and content goals. Source and identify link building opportunities to drive traffic to client websites. Reaching out to other bloggers, publishers, journalists and other agencies to establish strong relationships and externally promote content.
- Uploading and editing content which adheres to SEO best practices.
- Sourcing and editing photos as necessary and ensuring that they are relevant and add value to the content created.
- Employ user experience (UX) and conversion rate optimisation processes to transform website traffic and visits into more engaged users and to improve overall website performance.
- Carry out and contribute to detailed SEO and content audits for new and prospective clients as part of the onboarding process.
- Research and identify new SEO and content opportunities for Zelst and use them to drive growth internally for the agency..
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time using the company timesheet system, Trigger.
- Share knowledge, insight, best practice, tactics and ideas with the team where appropriate.
- Ensure your knowledge of the digital marketing industry is kept up to date and relevant by achieving certifications, reading industry-specific blog posts and news sources.
- Actively contribute to the Zelst blog.
Who we want to work with
- An analytical thinker who is confident with large amounts of data.
- Methodical and innovative, someone who is process led but can also demonstrate outside-the-box thinking and think on their feet when a situation presents itself.
- A creative person who always looks at new projects with an innovative eye and can always bring new ideas and a fresh perspective on content.
- Passion for creating innovative and strategic digital content and a dedication to providing the best possible service to clients.
- Has an eye for presenting visual material to engage target customers and clients.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and moving from different campaigns, objectives and goals throughout a working day whilst retaining the highest quality of work.
- Passionate about content and SEO, with a general hunger for developing digital knowledge and a significant interest in new platforms, updates and channels.
- A team player, who:
- Understands their role within the team and though they may offer support or advice to other team members, they also respect the boundaries of their position.- Welcomes collaboration and listens to all ideas and opinions before reaching a decision.
- Is willing to accept criticism, support and advice to develop both personally and professionally.
- Takes responsibility for mistakes and looks for solutions. Understands how their actions impact the entire agency.
- Readily accepts any tasks their manager gives them and views every opportunity as a chance to learn.
- Maintains a positive attitude and outlook, even during stressful situations to contribute to a better working atmosphere.
- Is fully invested and dedicated to the team around them. Demonstrates to others that they believe in the agency, its process and the goals that the team are working together to achieve.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to crack on independently with work when required.
- An organised person who can manage their workload in a clear and coherent way. Proactive with strong time management and planning skills.
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information and has an investigative brain.
- Passion for excellence using the sharpest attention to detail in all aspects of work, with a precise and effective approach to problem solving.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with good communication and presentation skills for both internal and external purposes.
Knowledge and experience
- A sound knowledge of using Google Analytics.
- Ability to think through, and deliver, exceptional end-to-end customer experience.
- An understanding of digital content and how it is used within a commercial environment.
- Excellent researcher who has the ability to think outside the box to create content that answers client and customer needs.
- Comfortable analysing high volumes of complex data.
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods and how SEO affects the success of digital content.
- Competent knowledge and familiarity with all social media channels and platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- A competent understanding of WordPress and other content management systems.
- Analytical skills which will help to provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve ROI for clients.
- The ability to produce top quality and insightful written reports.
- The ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly – and utilise the most important and relevant information for intelligent strategic development.