Full Time Position (37.5 Hours)
Based at our offices in central Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Due to some exciting client wins, we’re looking to expand our content team. We’re in search for a trainee SEO specialist who shares our passion, energy and enthusiasm for creating the best digital campaigns for our clients.
*Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
SEO Specialists are responsible for improving the ranking and visibility of a website online. This is achieved through the implementation of both on-page optimisation and technical optimisation to make the site more appealing to users and Google (and its ever-evolving search algorithm). They are typically responsible for the optimisation of websites and landing pages to meet and exceed clients’ KPI’s and their digital growth goals.
SEO Specialists have commercial acumen and confidence with large amounts of data and their role is an integral part of the development and management of the overall digital strategy.
Specialists provide support to the SEO Manager with day to day tasks and client requests. They are also responsible for analysing performance with the sharpest attention to detail and spotting opportunities for clients as well as being involved in planning and coordinating campaigns.
Compiling reports and presenting data, ideas and insights to clients is also a big part of the role. SEO Specialists are comfortable communicating strategies both internally and externally, with a professional and authoritative conversation style.
What you will be doing
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic implementation of SEO campaigns including technical SEO, on-page optimisation and link building.
- Working closely with the SEO Manager as required to devise and manage advanced SEO strategies for high value clients.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and core objectives of every client.
- Devise, implement and run innovative campaigns to meet client goals and objectives and tailor them to their specific needs.
- Monitor the algorithms set by the search engines to keep up to date with the latest changes and how this may affect campaign performance.
- Interpreting and measuring the success of campaigns using analytics software such as Google Analytics and using this data to optimise and improve campaigns.
- Results reporting and data analysis for clients and internal use to identify opportunities for campaign development.
- Using a variety of software and third party tools to compile and draw insight from both company-specific, sector-specific and generic industry data, in order to better understand user trends and behaviour and add context to the performance of each account.
- Produce monthly reports for clients containing a robust description of monthly activity, suitable advice and recommendations and a clear summary of performance against the key performance indicators and metrics agreed with the client.
- Ensure all reports are of the highest quality written standard and reflect the Zelst brand voice.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure that they are continually updated with progress and results so that all clients receive top quality, professional customer service.
- Flag issues and make technical recommendations to developers and other website partners.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and provide timely and efficient responses to all customer queries.
- Working with the entire team to develop integrated strategies to achieve client objectives and timescales with optimum resource use.
- Working with other members of the technical department in the preparation and creation of written content recommendations, ideas and pitches for our clients.
- To regularly attend and actively take part in client meetings when required.
- Perform extensive keyword, competitor and market analyses for clients and prospective clients.
- Perform ongoing keyword research, expansion and optimisation strategies to drive client campaign growth.
- Redeveloping or creating new website architecture to establish a site hierarchy and provide dedicated landing pages for an agreed list of target search terms.
- Technical SEO optimisation including; Meta Data optimisation, implementation of redirects, identifying and fixing broken links and improving internal linking structure between pages.
- Undertaking on-page optimisation to help clients be visible in the most relevant search results and offer a positive user experience, growing site traffic and brand awareness.
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals. Source and identify link building opportunities to drive traffic to client websites.
- Employ user experience (UX) and conversion rate optimisation processes to transform website traffic and visits into more engaged users and to improve overall website performance.
- Carry out and contribute to detailed SEO audits for new and prospective clients as part of the onboarding process.
- Research and identify new SEO opportunities for Zelst and use them to drive growth internally for the agency.
- Attain (and retain) all Google, HubSpot and Moz qualifications and certifications on an annual basis.
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time using the company timesheet system, Trigger.
- Share knowledge, insight, best practice, tactics and ideas with the team where appropriate.
- Ensure your knowledge of the digital marketing industry is kept up to date and relevant by achieving certifications, reading industry-specific blog posts and news sources.
- Actively contribute to the Zelst blog.
Who we want to work with
As it is a trainee role, we aren’t looking for years of experience. What we are looking for is passion. Passion for delivering innovative and strategic campaigns and a dedication to providing the best possible service to our clients.
- An analytical thinker who is confident with large amounts of data.
- Methodical, innovative and creative, someone who is process led but can also demonstrate outside-the-box thinking and think on their feet when a situation presents itself.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and moving from different campaigns, objectives and goals throughout a working day whilst retaining the highest quality of work.
- Passionate about SEO, with a general hunger for developing digital knowledge and a significant interest in new platforms, updates and channels.
- A team player, who:
- Understands their role within the team and though they may offer support or advice to other team members, they also respect the boundaries of their position.
- Welcomes collaboration and listens to all ideas and opinions before reaching a decision.
- Is willing to accept criticism, support and advice to develop both personally and professionally.
- Takes responsibility for mistakes and looks for solutions. Understands how their actions impact the entire agency.
- Readily accepts any tasks their manager gives them and views every opportunity as a chance to learn.
- Maintains a positive attitude and outlook, even during stressful situations to contribute to a better working atmosphere.
- Is fully invested and dedicated to the team around them. Demonstrates to others that they believe in the agency, its process and the goals that the team are working together to achieve.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to crack on independently with work when required.
- An organised person who can manage their workload in a clear and coherent way. Proactive with strong time management and planning skills.
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information and has an investigative brain.
- An inquisitive mind which explores Google’s algorithms and aims to predict what changes might be coming.
- Passion for excellence using the sharpest attention to detail in all aspects of work, with a precise and effective approach to problem solving.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with good communication and presentation skills for both internal and external purposes.
Knowledge and experience
- A sound knowledge of using Google Analytics.
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Comfortable analysing high volumes of complex data on a daily basis.
- A competent understanding of WordPress and other content management systems.
- Numerical and analytical skills which will help to provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve ROI for clients.
- The ability to produce top quality and insightful written reports.
- The ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly – and utilise the most important and relevant information for intelligent strategic development.