Social Media Strategist
Full Time Position (37.5 Hours)
Based at our offices in central Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Zelst is a leading digital marketing agency and proud to be one of the longest established and experienced agencies in the North of England. Due to the rapid growth of our agency our Social Media and Content team is expanding and we are on the lookout for an experienced Social Media Strategist to join our team.
*Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
Social Media Strategists are responsible for developing and implementing detailed and creative social media strategies, to increase the online presence of our clients and strengthen relationships with their customers.
Working alongside the SEO and Biddable Media teams, Social Media Strategists deliver a cohesive strategy that facilities the growth and development of businesses online.
Compiling reports and presenting data, ideas and insights to clients is also a big part of the role. Social Media Strategists are comfortable communicating strategies both internally and externally, with a professional and authoritative conversation style.
- Overseeing and managing client social media campaigns including; initial research, implementation and reviewing activity measuring these against KPIs and reporting to clients and the wider Zelst team
- Planning monthly social media activity via content calendars/roadmaps and managing proactive social media brand content, including text, audio, visual and multimedia formats
- Delivering paid social and content campaigns; creating, implementation and management. Reviewing and overseeing its optimisation from set up, and reporting on social media advertising platforms
- Developing and planning influencer and affiliate campaigns
- Develop a deep knowledge of your client’s social landscape; understand their challenges, what the key opportunities for growth are and develop the role Social Media plays in their marketing activity to achieve optimum results and ROI
- Creating social strategies to drive traffic, engage and convert customers and report on analytics and behaviours
- Manage client budgets and costings: produce analysis and reporting on activity and updating roadmaps and other team members
- Leading face-to-face client meetings and communicating your plans, ideas and results, feeding back analysis and improvements
- Managing and providing feedback, direction and mentoring to our team
- Researching new and developing social media trends and technologies to give insights into new opportunities, markets, channels or competitor activity; ensuring that best practices are being applied across all channels and learnings are shared cross-team
- Assist in producing and delivering innovative and strong pitches to prospective clients and present as part of a team with authority and enthusiasm
- At least 1 years experience working in a social media marketing role
- Have agency experience working on multiple clients
- Experience of B2B social media marketing on multiple social media platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok
- High quality content creation skills including copywriting and experience of design software
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with clients and wider team members
- In-depth knowledge of target audiences, including platforms and targeting methods
- Experience using platforms for multiple social media outlets including Hootsuite and Upfluence
- A working knowledge of analytical tools including Google Analytics, Upfluence and Social Insights tools
- A strong understanding of content, inbound and search marketing along with a basic understanding of on-page and technical SEO
- Highly efficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong commercial awareness and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Facebook/Meta Blueprint Certification would be an advantage but not essential
Benefits of working at Zelst
- Work for one of the most established and experienced agencies in the North of England offering job security
- Zelst is a long standing Google Partner and Microsoft Partner with the additional development benefits this entails
- Company bonus scheme
- Option to work from home two days a week
- Pension scheme
- Allocated time every month for personal development and training
- Follow a training program of virtual learning and practical learning delivered to you by our specialists
- Opportunities to attend industry events and conferences
- Ample holiday allowance, including an extra day of annual leave for your birthday and the opportunity for more days off with our ‘achievement of the week’ incentive
- Free parking
- A 5-minute walk from the train station, bus station and Harrogate town centre
- Our office dog Pongo is always around for play and a cuddle