Trainee Marketing Assistant
Full Time Position (37.5 Hours)
Based at our offices in central Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
We are a family-run agency based in Harrogate with a family ethos. Our team is made up of specialists who all have a passion for learning and continued development.
We pride ourselves on our high staff retention and team morale. If you are a keen and inquisitive learner, good at communicating and want a career in digital, and also want to be surrounded by friendly supportive colleagues, then Zelst may be the agency for you.
*Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
To assist all areas within the agency and work alongside the Content, SEO, and Social Media teams as well as working on the Marketing Assistant program. We will offer full support in your studies and also extra training to support your work within the different services we offer. It is a dynamic role as you will experience all aspects of the services the agency offer and will be a part of our successful team delivering the best possible service to our clients.
Here’s what our latest recruit had to say:-
“Zelst is a friendly, welcoming agency that made me feel like a valued member of the team from the start. I enjoy working with clients from various industries as this creates new and exciting challenges to get stuck into the day-to-day. The positive working environment at Zelst has allowed me to gain a wealth of new skills in just a short amount of time, with continuous opportunities for personal growth and development.” – Lauren Whitaker
What you will be doing
Key responsibilities include:
- Scheduling content on our client’s social media channels using Sendible, Hootsuite and other scheduling platforms, based on the agreed social plan for each month.
- Uploading blog and page content onto the back-end of our client’s websites, ensuring the formatting, presentation and meta descriptions are all following SEO best practise.
- Creating meta decriptions and titles for our client’s website pages following SEO guidelines.
- Ensuring images on our client’s websites are the correct size and of good quality for the best possible user experience and so they’re optimised for search engines.
- Contributing to outreaching via email and social channels to prospects using approved templates as part of our client’s link building strategies.
- Helping to create campaigns to send to our client’s email subscribers in order to promote products and sales, and share blog post content.
- Supporting the team with administrative and office tasks, including answering the phone, greeting clients prior to meetings and taking notes during meetings on occasion.
Who we want to work with
- Passionate about digital marketing, keen interest in online marketing and social media for business use.
- Someone who is educated to a minimum ‘A’ level standard with good numeracy and English skills.
- Strong communicator and confident at liaising with clients both by email and telephone.
- An organised person who can manage their workload.
- A quick learner who is ready to contribute to the team and support them where needed.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Social media savvy across a range of platforms including YouTube and Instagram.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) would be advantageous.